Bescheinigungen written on a post it Copyright: RWTH Aachen



+49 241 80 90710



You can print out various certificates with your acquired achievements yourself online through RWTHonline. In the "Documents" application, you can find a list of all available certificates and official notifications. For detailed information on how to invoke certificates, please refer to the RWTHonline documentation portal.

  • certificates for all passed and failed performances (transcript of records, total achievements)
  • the certificate of passing (lists only those exams and assessments which you have passed)

If you require a certificate with a signature and stamp, please contact your advisor in the ZPA.

Transcript of records and student account statements up to and including the summer semester of 2018 are available in CAMPUS Office.

As soon as all academic performance data have been transferred to RWTHonline, a process to be completed in the winter semester of 2018/19, you can view and manage all transcripts in the "Certificates (Documents)" application und "Current Certificates."

Please note that during the transition phase, a few performances may be incorrectly assigned in RWTHonline. For this reason, the representation of performance data may look unordered or incomplete. These so-called "unassigned academic performances" will be manually assigned by the Central Examination Office. This process will be conducted in parallel to the migration of performance data.


Certificate FAQs

Can I get a certificate that only shows what I have passed?

Yes. You can issue these online in RWTHonline, in the "Certificates (Documents)" application, or ask your case worker in the ZPA to issue them for you.

ZPA Contact Persons

What do the abbreviations Q, B, PAQ and X on the transcripts and certificates mean?

B = a non-graded exam/assessment has been passed
Q = a valid doctor's note has been received
PAQ = after an aborted exam attempt, a valid doctor's note has to be submitted
X = not participated (corresponds to a grade of 5.0, not passed)

How long after finishing my studies can I view an overview of my grades (Notenspiegel)?

If you have changed courses of study, you will continue to be able to see the overview of your grades and any certificates in RWTHonline, in the "Certificates (Documents)" application.

If you have graduated, you will be able to view an overview of your grades or any certificates in RWTHonline, as long as you have access to the system.

I have terminated my enrollment and need a certificate for academic performance. What do I do?

Contact your respective case worker. He or she will provide you with the necessary certificate.