Regional Building Culture - Luxury or Obligation?
The conference on regional building culture, which will take place on Friday, November 29, 2013, is organized by the Institute for Urban Design and Regional Planning at RWTH Aachen, the aachen_fenster association and the “raum für bauen und kultur” initiative by the Aachen City Region.
The different economic regions with their urban centers are competing for innovative companies as well as the for brightest minds and their families. For this reason, and also due to demographic change and the deterioration of supply infrastructures, rural and sparsely populated areas are faced with increasing challenges. Against this background, what is the significance of a regional building culture approach? This question will be discussed by:
- Prof. Rolf Westerheide, Institute for Urban Design and Regional Planning
- Dr. Reimar Molitor, Member of the Board of Region Köln/Bonn e.V.
- Peter Schneider of Schneider-Lengauer Architechts, Austria
- Roland Gruber, Chairman of LandLuft - Association for the Support of Building Cultures in Rural Aeras, Austria
If you want to participate in the conference, which will be held in German, please register by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Time and Location: 1.45 to 6pm, Zinkhütter Hof, Cockerillstraße 90, Stolberg